Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Call Me Out

Call me out: I’m overbearing
An oversharing, constantly embarrassing myself
I’m not, like, trying to
Not trying rude to you, not trying to be crude to you
I’m constantly being excused.
Reusing old devices and vices
Never being alluded to and I’m constantly confused,.
Because my mind doesn’t work the same as yours, friend,
I break and bend
I always forget to to hit send
Like, literally too: I leave things hanging: Dangling over my head
Am I gonna catch this one?
Or am I gonna leave this metaphorical record broken?
Also
I always blame myself in a self deprecating style
I’ll cut my leg off in style before running the mile
Add this to the pile:
Of things I’ll blame on myself
‘Cause I would hate to be selfish, friend
But, no, just you wait a while
Until someone comes along and blames me
Just you see: I have no vulnerabilities
When I’m blaming myself, but when someone calls me out on my shit
I’m as vulnerable as a fucking baby left crying in the middle of a crowded shopping mall
You see, I’ll mold to society’s casting call
“Calling all teenage girls who feel
Like they’ve become way too damn small”
But don’t blame society, we’ve been chained up against our own sobriety
Forcing ourselves to realize that we’re not the innocent standers by
But it’s not like we’re gonna do anything about it
Also
I’m one of those hip to it
I’ll look over it while I take a sip of this overcaffeinated shit
Teenagers who preaches and teaches
About the notion of change in the world
I get angry at my elders when they don’t understand us millennials
Because people are born this way and all of us in this world are created equal
And America throws out one third of their food
But won’t stop to give a homeless immigrant a dollar
And stop stereotyping sexuality
And gender is a fucking spectrum and all that shit
And yet
It’s not like I’ve got a plan to change the way the earth rotates
And I know I don’t create change, I buy it
I don’t stop to give that homeless person a dollar: I’m too shy
And guilty because I haven’t stopped in a while
And I’ve been put on this trial of sorts
Because if I don’t stereotype sexuality
Why do I lie in bed at night, wondering why I liked that boy in elementary school for four years
But all of my crushes have been girls for the past two?
And I like all the actresses more that the actors
See, I preach about freedom of speech and love
And I pretend I have this higher knowledge, I stand above
Obviously
But I’m no freer than anybody else, friend
And it’s not like I’m that quick to set trends or make amends
I mostly pretend, like I’m still that giddy six year old in pink tutus
I don’t know myself, but I claim to know you
So, you tell me: Who am I?
Call me out on it.

1 comment:

Labels

Hi guys! Thank you so much for all of the positive feedback I got from my last post! It honestly meant the world to me that so many of you...